Following the presidential nod and the subsequent dissolution of SARS, the IGP has announced the constitution of another weapon squad that would fill the void left by the defunct Anti Robbery Squad.
The setting up the Special Weapons and Tactics Team (SWAT), has raised the eyebrows of many who suspect that the team may be a gimmick to deceive Nigerians and reintegrate the disbanded criminals into the system, as the modus operandi of the SWAT may not differ. In the midst of such uncertainty and disbelief, it is imperative to expatiate the facts about SWAT that may be hidden secrets.
1. No personnel of SARS will be selected to be part of the Tactical team
2. Operations of the new Tactical team will be based strictly on intelligence.
3. Members of the new Tactical team will not embark on routine patrols
4. Members of the new Tactical team are barred from indiscriminate and unlawful search of phones, laptops, and other smart devices.
5. Operatives of the new Tactical team must be free of any pending disciplinary matter especially those touching on misuse of firearms and abuse of human rights.
After undergoing series of psycho-emotional tests, the team members will be obliged to respond to:
1. Scenes of weapon-related crimes
2. Rescue operation
3. Special operation involving high profile criminals.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!